This acceptable use policy sets out the terms under which you may access the Improvement Service website. This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to the Improvement Service website.
Your use of the website means that you agree to use the Improvement Service website in accordance with the following Acceptable Use Policy, which supplements our Terms & Conditions. This applies across all Improvement Service sites and services.
You may use the website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- to submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio
- in any way that violates, plagiarises, or infringes the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary right
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojans, worms, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
If you fail to abide by these Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules), you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include:
- your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation
- a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in the Improvement Service website
- temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the website
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
The Improvement Service reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
The Improvement Service may alter this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on the Improvement Service website then the latter shall prevail.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Law of Scotland.