In July 2022 the Scottish Parliament published its report Robbing Peter to pay Paul: Low income and the debt trap following an inquiry by the Social Justice and Social Security Committee.
The report’s conclusions and recommendations cover the following areas:
- Low income and debt
- Management and recovery of "public debt"
- Barriers to debt advice
- Early-intervention and prevention
This event is an opportunity for you to talk with others about some of the key points and money guidance issues raised by the report. It will focus on the following questions:
- What action should be taken to address this issue?
- How could Money Guiders help?
- What support do Money Guiders need to need to assist? e.g., training, information etc