The Improvement Service has launched an updated version of the getyournec.scot website, with new features designed to improve the user experience for people applying online for a National Entitlement Card, including the Young Person’s Free Bus Travel Scheme, the 60+ Concessionary Travel Scheme and the Disabled Concessionary Travel Scheme.
Following a detailed user experience review, a number of improvements were identified which are designed to simplify the application process as much as possible, while maintaining the integrity of the child safety and identity protection measures put in place by the Scottish Government.
As well as creating a more colourful and engaging website,Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and the Improvement Service have also introduced a document checklist before the start of the application process, to ensure that potential applicants have all the paperwork they need. Those without the appropriate documentation for an online application are then directed to apply offline via their local council.
Additional new features incorporated in the new getyournec.scot site include:
- Checks at each stage of the application to ensure the correct information/documents are being submitted
- A visual representation of photographs which are acceptable and those which will be rejected
- A new tool which allows applicants to crop photos
- Review page at the end of the application process, so that people can check all the information and documentation they have submitted is correct before they submit
- Dashboard showing all applications, including incomplete ones
- A new save and return function, which allows people to return to incomplete applications
A beta version of the site has been live since 27 May, to allow for testing of the new functions and to gather feedback from applicants. Applicants using the new getyournec.scot will still have the option to provide feedback through the site on the new features.
The Improvement Service has also created a series of videos to explain the new website and its functions to applicants for all the different NEC formats:
- How to apply for Young Persons’ Free Bus Travel on behalf of your child: https://youtu.be/EYiz87G0MSE
- How to apply for Young Persons’ Free Bus Travel on behalf of your child under 16 who already has a card: https://youtu.be/A3sKTzZVpiA
- How to apply for Young Persons Free Bus Travel if you’re over 16: https://youtu.be/CLWDKSzfCqA
- How to apply for 60+ concessionary travel: https://youtu.be/NupbGBF-MHM
- How to apply for disabled concessionary travel: https://youtu.be/DL_BFsn2TPo