- Networking to understand what various agencies were doing in the responder service field.
- Work together on practical exercises to develop a national business case which can then be used to develop a local business case for response services.
The event had various segments to it with approximately 20 different organisations in attendance ranging from councils/HSCP colleagues; to Police Scotland; Ambulance Service; Scottish Fire and Rescue; Alzheimer’s Scotland; Care Inspectorate; Blackwood Group. There were short sharp presentations from 6 different agencies who all deliver services within the responder service arena. And a more detailed presentation from one of the HSCPs who are currently undertaking a full-scale redesign as part of their change programme - Fit for the Future with one of the workstreams looking in particular at responder services across the area.
To make the national business case into a manageable exercise we organised carousel sessions which split the business case into four elements and allowed all individuals and agencies to move through each section and input into the type of content they were looking for; what they had to share and what would be good to see included.
There was then a second carousel session for participants to prioritise what they were looking for in terms of their local needs.
Then everyone was brought together for a consensus session and to action the next steps.
- ‘Good approach – thank you.’
- ‘All very useful, great format.’
- ‘Table exercises to break topic into manageable chunks.’