The Planning Skills Series supports the learning and development needs of our members through a series of events, webinars and recorded training sessions.
Upcoming Planning Skills Events and Webinars
Please see our Twitter Account for updates.
Previous Planning Skills Events
- Local Place Plan Preparation with West Dunbartonshire Council
- Land, Planning and Delivering Rural Affordable Housing
- Habitats Regulations Appraisal with SNH
- The Value of Early Engagement in Land Use Planning Decisions
- How Can Place Best Support Scotland’s Health and Wellbeing
- Local Place Plans
- Planning Act Implementaion
- Investing in Places: The Role of Land
- Planning (Scotland) Act 2019
- Planning Skills Webinar with the Scottish Land Commission
- Applying the Place Principle in Highland Council
- Place and Design: Interventions to Create Successful Places
- Digital Community Engagement with Social Pinpoint & Angus Council
- Development Viability
- Community Planning and Spatial Planning: Aligning Policies in North Ayrshire
- Closer Connections: Community Planning and Spatial Planning
- The Tools for Making Successful Places - A Lead Event with West Dunbartonshire Council
- Funding the Infrastructure Gap - A Planning Skills Lead Practice Event with City of Edinburgh Council
- Streamlining Development Management
Members are fully involved in determining priority development needs and how best to meet those needs through on-going dialogue and support.
Scottish Government aspirations for a more "visionary profession" within planning (Places, People and Planning) looks to culture change and improvements to current practice as key contributors to planning realising its full potential. In response, it is felt that the Planning Skills Series should develop to include:
- the promotion of more collaborative learning with other sectors and agencies, and
- lead practice across Scotland as a key element for more experiential learning.
Members are encouraged to contribute thoughts to these or future topics.
For those interested in the importance of place as a working approach to delivering national outcomes around improved wellbeing and inclusive growth.
Heads of Planning Scotland Members Forum
Private forum for members of Heads of Planning Scotland to enable discussion and sharing of information.