Data Hub is an online data matching and cleansing solution for the Scottish public sector.
Matching and cleansing data sets can be a complicated, time consuming and labour-intensive process but it has many benefits. Clean, consistent data can help an organisation improve its customers’ experience, deliver more personalised services and make better decisions based on sound intelligence.
Data Hub can analyse multiple data sources and produce analysis reports for partner organisations without the need for them to develop their own solution or install, maintain and pay for additional software.
What Data Hub offers
- A secure and trusted service based on the myaccount solution used across Scottish public services
- A flexible solution to suit each organisation’s data needs
- Easy-to-access, online service
- Summary and analysis reports to display the data held for each customer/address
- The option to create multiple output files to seed your IT systems with clean data
What can Data Hub be used for?
Data Hub can be used to:
- Match customer and/or address details across all your data sets, displaying them in an easy-to-understand report
- Provide a single view of the customer by comparing multiple data sets
- Categorise data matches, helping you separate high quality data from poor quality
- Highlight specific data issues across your data sets
- Provide high quality data in a variety of output files that you can upload to your own IT systems
- Seed records with a unique identifier (Unique Citizen Reference Number (UCRN) – only available to Scottish local authorities) or a Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN)
Read how the National Entitlement Card Migration Project used Data Hub to cleanse and validate records for 1.3 million card holders when their cards needed replacing - analysing 8.2 million records from 31 councils in the process.
Data Hub is free to use for Scottish local authorities and partner organisations. To find out more, contact Fiona Gray on email@example.com
Improving internal data and customer service at Moray Council
Moray Council has improved its internal customer data and its customer service, thanks to the Data Hub data matching and cleansing service.
North Lanarkshire Council reaps benefits by using Data Hub
North Lanarkshire Council is reaping the benefits of a new self-service data matching and cleansing tool provided free of charge to councils by the Improvement Service.
Data Hub ensures business as usual for travel scheme
Replacing one million National Entitlement Cards in six months – and making sure they went to the right people – was always going to be a massive task. Fortunately, the Data Hub was there to help.
The simple and secure sign-in service for public services in Scotland.