Tellmescotland is Scotland's national public notice portal. It allows public notices from across Scotland to be published in a single online location.
Public notices are announcements that local authorities legally have to publish.
There are two types of notices:
- Statutory notices: give notice of an intended action like road closures.
- Non-statutory notices: provide general public information on council meetings.
Tellmescotland provides many benefits:
- Informing the public
- Making PINs accessible and easier to understand
- Improve efficiencies of local government spend on advertising, saving money.
- A national picture of statutory and public service developments with enhanced information and notification capability.
Users can register for email and SMS alerts specific to PINs within their area of choice or to browse the website and search for notices. You can sign up to receive regular alerts at: www.tellmescotland.gov.uk/registration/
OneScotland Gazetteer Custodians
Private group for address gazetteer custodians to share best practice and discuss relevant issues.
Spatial Hub Scotland
Group dedicated to discussions around spatial datasets owned by Scottish local government and published on the IS Spatial Hub.
Scottish GI Strategy: One Scotland One Geography
A forum to discuss implementation of the Scottish Geographical Information Strategy.
Scottish Public Information Notices Portal Community
A place for colleagues to access a range of information on Public Information Notices and Tellmescotland.