The IS exists to support and mobilise resources for councils and partners to deliver excellent services, improve outcomes and reduce inequalities. We provide a range of improvement support to councils and their partners to support a step change in productivity and efficiency, to support the delivery of improved outcomes and to support thinking about future resilience and sustainability.
- We shape our products and services to meet the needs of councils and their partners.
- We work closely with COSLA, SOLACE and other relevant bodies to inform the types of support that we provide to local government and its partners.
- We are open to working with all councils and their partners.
- We will engage with councils, their partners and other relevant stakeholders to learn and to share that learning in turn.
- We will promote measurable improvements in outcomes.
Our products and services
Devolved School Management Guidelines
IS Strategic Framework 2020-2022
The Improvement Service's strategic framework and development priorities for 2020-2022.
IS Business Plan 2020-21
The Business Plan for 2020/21 sets out our deliverables and activities for the coming year, based on the commitments in the Strategic Framework 2015-2020.
IS Annual Report 2020
A round-up of IS activities and review of performance in 2020.